This week we’ve attended the Pocket Gamer Connects event in London.
For people who don’t know exactly what it is here’s the skinny:
- Pocket Gamer Connects is an event organized by Steel Media (owners of Pocket Gamer, 148 Apps ,etc) which brings together developers, publishers, tech and middle-ware providers from the mobile space
- It provides an excellent way of meeting up other attendees based on interests, skills and goals.
- Several tracks with panels, speeches or seminars regarding various themes related to mobile game development will keep you informed.
- The indie zone, and an indie pitch contest lets you pitch your games and win cool prizes.
- One or more parties post-show where you can mingle, meet more people and generally have fun with like-minded individuals
We found it to be an excellent opportunity for small and medium development studios to grow, establish contacts and generally get the pulse of the industry. We’ll definitely be coming back again.
Also in news
We’ve shown the new game that we’re working on. Feedback was good, and you will see what it’s all about very very soon.
Meanwhile stay tuned for a second part of the Pocket Gamer Connects conference coming soon on the blog.